Pages

Thursday 17 February 2011

Comments now supported on web site and in SSMS add-in!

After a very very long long long long time, I've finally got support for single and multi-line comments.

Many many thanks to Matt (@atlantis_uk ) at http://www.atlantis-interactive.co.uk/ without who the site would be comment less.

So enjoy! Its not 100% perfect, there are some HTML formatting issues, but I felt I needed to get this release out there.

If you are using the SQL Server Management Studio Add-in, comments are now automatically supported.

So enjoy well formatted SQL and HTML!!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! But I can't get the SSMS Add-in to work with SSMS 2008 (R2). It installs without error, but when I start it I get the following error:
    "The Add-in 'T-SQL TIDY SSMS Add-in' failed to load or caused an exception.
    Would you like to remove this Add-in?
    If you choose yes, you will need to reinstall the Add-in to use it again.

    Error Message:
    Error Number: 80131513"

    This has only happened since upgrading to SSMS 2008 (R2). Reinstalling the add-in doesn't help.

    Do you know what the problem might be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The version of the add-in is not supported in R2.
    You will need the new version!!
    I'm currently ironing out a couple of bugs and adding in some new features.

    It should be released this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've now put up the new R2 version....
    http://tsqltidy.blogspot.com/2011/03/t-sql-tidy-ssms-2008-r2-released.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    How did you get over the "The Addin '' failed to load or caused an exception" error? I'm currently trying to develop an addin for R2 and would like to know how to get around this issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete